UBC Physical Therapy “Field in Motion” YouTube Channel
Videos created and shared within the UBC Department of Physical Therapy. Watch now!
BC Cancer Agency Videos and Presentations
Full list of videos here.
- Cancer-Related Fatigue – Karen Levy, Satnam Sekhon, Kristin Campbell
- Physical Activity: From Evidence to Advice – Kristin Campbell
- Exercise for Wellness: Customized Exercise – Kristin Campbell
- Get Moving: Ways for Teens / Young Adults with Cancer to Stay Active – Kristin Campbell
BC Cancer Agency Survivorship Forum
Full list of forum sessions here (scroll down to find forum list in the navigation bar).
Let’s Get Physical Series – Kristin Campbell and Prue Cormie, with survivors Christine Gaio and Alice Mansell
- The Role of Physical Activity in Cancer Survivorship
- The Role of Exercise in Prostate Cancer Management
HealthLink BC – Physical Activity Services
If you have questions about physical activity or exercise, call 8-1-1 toll-free in B.C. You can speak to one of our qualified exercise professionals with cancer specific training who are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm PST.
Visit their website: HealthLink BC: Physical Activity
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology – Guidelines
Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines
- Early Years 0 – 4 Years Old
- Children and Youth – 24 Hour Movement Guidelines
- Adult 18 – 64 Years Old
- Older Adults 65 Years and Older
Canadian Sedentary Activity Guidelines
American Society of Clinical Oncology
A section of the American College of Sports Medicine with published guidelines for exercise and cancer survivors.
ACSM Guide to Exercise and Cancer Survivorship
A collection of scientific research publications on the theme of monitoring women with breast cancer during their treatment and recovery for the purpose of improving rehabilitation.
Advisory panel member for development of physical activity message and materials, American Institute for Cancer Research.
Five comprehensive review of studies on the influence of nutrition and physical activity on cancer survivourship:
- Practical clinical interventions for diet, physical activity, and weight control in cancer survivors (Demark-Wahnefried et al. 2015)
- Nutrition and physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors (Rock et al., 2012)
- Nutrition and physical activity during and after cancer treatment: An American Cancer Society guide for informed choices. (Doyle et al., 2006)
- American Cancer Society guidelines on nutrition and physical activity for cancer prevention (Kushi et al., 2012)
- Weight Management and Physical Activity Throughout the Cancer Care Continuum (Demark-Wahnefried et al., 2017)