We are looking for women who are planning to go through breast reduction surgery or other breast surgery.
The purpose of the study is to objectively measure key lifestyle factors, namely aerobic fitness, usual physical activity, body composition, and usual diet, to examine the impact of these factors on the biology of breast adipose tissue, collected from surgical samples in healthy women.
You are eligible to participate if you are:
- 19-65 years old
- Undergoing a reduction mammoplasty or other surgical procedure to the breast (that is not related to breast cancer)
You are ineligible to participate if:
- You have previously been diagnosed with breast cancer (including ductal carcinoma in situ or DCIS)
- You are pregnant or within 1 year post-partum
- You have a musculoskeletal or health condition that prevents you from participating in the test of aerobic fitness (a graded exercise test)
Time commitment is approximately 3-4 hours:
- First study visit is 1-1.5 hours
- Blood draw may take up to 30 minutes
- Questionnaires may take up to 2 hours to complete
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact Catherine at email@example.com or 604-827-1914.